SUDBURY–On the 14th of January 2015, an adult male suspected of being in possession of illicit drugs was arrested by members of the Drug Enforcement Unit. He was found to be in possession of Fentanyl that was not prescribed to him and cannabis marihuana.
Following this arrest, officers executed a search warrant at a motel room on Regent Street in Greater Sudbury. A search of the room located the following:
- 100.87g of cocaine
- 74.44g of cannabis marihuana
- forty eight Fentanyl patches
- Canadian and American currency
- one collapsible baton
As a result a 26 year old male of Dollars Des Ormeaux Quebec and a 20 year old female both of Sudbury Ontario are charged with the following offences:
- Three counts of possession of a controlled substance for purposes of trafficking
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
The male remains in police custody and is scheduled to appear in bail court on January 15th 2015.
Total value of drugs seized: $29,800
Total value of currency seized: $43,095 in Canadian currency and $100 in US currency