NORTH BAY – Over the past few months Huntsville Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Almaguin Highlands OPP have responded to several reported thefts of all-terrain vehicles (ATV’s) and snow machines. As a result of joint efforts by the Huntsville OPP Crime Unit, Almaguin Highlands OPP, North Bay OPP, North East Regional Forensic Identification Section, Canine Unit and Crime Unit members, charges have been laid and a quantity of stolen property have been recovered including; three All-Terrain Vehicles, two snow machines and one utility trailer.
James RYE, age 47 of Huntsville has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime over $5,000
- Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Theft Under $5,000
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule II Substance-Marihuana under 30 grams
- Possession Break In Instruments
- Driving While Ability Impaired
- Operate a Motor Vehicle without Insurance
- Drive Motor Vehicle, No Validation on Plate
James COOK, age 33 of Trout Creek has been charged with the following:
- Possession of Property obtained by crime over $5,000 (x2)
- Possession of Property obtained by crime under $5,000 (x3)
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance (x2)
The investigation is ongoing and further charges are pending.
Anyone with information about this crime or any other crime is asked to call their local Police at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).