Lively Man Faces Criminal Charges
SUDBURY – On August 21, 2014 at 11:25 p.m., officers from the Sudbury Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a three vehicle fatal collision on Highway 17 Southwest by-pass, between Southview Drive and Fielding Road, in the City of Greater Sudbury.
Investigation revealed that a westbound pick-up truck collided with two eastbound vehicles (a car and a pick-up truck).
Police have charged Walter Carter, 39 years old of Lively, with the following criminal charges:
- Impaired Driving Causing Death
- Impaired Driving Causing Bodily Harm
- Operation with Over 80 Milligrams Causing Death
- Operation with Over 80 Milligrams Causing Bodily Harm
- Dangerous Operation Causing Death
- Dangerous Operation Causing Bodily Harm
He is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sudbury on September 4, 2014.
The investigation is ongoing. Officers are asking anyone who may have witnessed the collision or may have information about the collision to contact the Sudbury OPP Detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or Sudbury Rainbow Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).