WEBBWOOD – On the evening of April 02, 2014, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers received a complaint of a possible impaired driver.
At approximately 10:02 p.m., officers attempted to stop a westbound vehicle for weaving in its lane and crossing the center line on Highway 17 west of Webbwood. The driver refused to stop and fled from police at a high rate of speed.
The suspect continued driving westbound in an erratic manner while fleeing from police and reaching speeds of up to 130 km/hr. The vehicle turned into the Village of Massey and struck a fire hydrant on Station Road were the vehicle came to rest.
The driver and passenger of the vehicle were arrested.
The male driver, Jorge James McConnell, age 26 of Leamington is charged with:
- Flight While Pursued by Peace Officer
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 (two counts)
- Possession Break In Instruments
- Fail to comply with Recognizance
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
The female passenger, Angel Lynn Osborne, age 19 of Windsor is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
They were held in custody for a bail hearing.