Full-Time Systems Administrator
Wikwemikong Health Centre
The Systems Administrator, under the direction of the Health Services Director, will primarily be responsible to assess both accounting and administrative controls and prepare reports for the management team regarding compliance and internal policies and procedures, seek funding opportunities and write proposals. This position will facilitate any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities. This role will also ensure organization utilizes ethical accounting practices and standards.
- Assess both accounting and administrative controls and prepare reports for the management team regarding compliance and internal policies and procedures.
- Seek funding opportunities and write funding proposals.
- Facilitate any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities.
- Ensure organization utilizes ethical accounting practices and standards.
- Investigate variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and delegating work accordingly.
- Analyze variable costs and make budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Coordinate financial activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, payroll, special projects accounting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Work with Program Managers in the preparation of the operating budget.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the audit function in the organization and develop auditing techniques to meet changing needs.
- Monitor applicable legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, and operations, and ensure compliance.
- Report any and all inconsistencies in organization strategy in order to improve financial performance and make recommendations to adjust organization policy accordingly.
- Bachelor of Commerce.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a financial management role.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in accounting.
- Certifications or licences appropriate to industry.
- Current professional designation through a recognized governing body required
- Strong formal and informal leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications
- Previous experience assessing the performance of financial department employees
- Well-developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
Salary is in accordance to WUIR Salary Grid. For a complete job description, contact Melissa Roy/ All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and 2 work related references, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: December 11, 2018 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s License & Abstract.
DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
52 total views, 2 today