Part-Time Registered Practical Nurses
NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Registered Practical Nurses
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking services of a Registered Practical Nurse as a part-time position to function in a Family Practice nursing capacity at the Wikwemikong Health Centre. The successful candidate will provide a full scope of practice, work within an interdisciplinary and collaborative health care team environment comprised of health professionals from Noojmowin Teg Health Centre, health professionals from the Wikwemikong Health Centre and the Northeast Manitoulin Family Health Team. You will be an integral member of the health care team ensuring high quality collaborative primary health care delivery. The Registered Practical Nurse will report to the Primary Care Manager.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Registered Practical Nurse;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a primary health care setting, preferred;
- Proven ability to work and appropriately prioritize (including triage) in a busy health care environment;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues;
- Desire to advance knowledge and implement new skills including those supported by medical directives;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as interdependently;
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory;
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity of the Anishinabek culture;
- Ability to speak Ojibwe, an asset;
- Anishnaabemowin, as well as knowledge of Anishinabe culture, traditions, an asset;
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s record;
- Clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector required.
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, copy of registration, a current criminal records check, vulnerable sector, a copy of valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Application Deadline: October 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Attn: Human Resources T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre F: (705) 368-2229
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
48 Hillside Rd., Aundeck Omni Kaning W: www.noojmowin-teg.ca
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
68 total views, 3 today