Full-Time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the Long Term Care / Home and Community Care Program (LTC/HCC).
The RPN will be required to work in a home care setting and see assigned clients. You will work collaboratively with other health care providers in providing wholistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health for clients.
- Provide a wholistic approach to client care looking at physical, mental, spiritual and emotional well-being;
- As per College of Nurses scope of practice;
- Respond to unexpected discharge or medication changes;
- Provide support and educational information to clients and families;
- Provide nursing care to clients as per nursing care plan and physician orders;
- Ongoing assessment of client needs and accessing appropriate services;
- Develop nursing care plans for each client;
- Provide wholistic nursing services to prolong independent living in the home;
- Promote teamwork within the Long Term Care Program.
- Diploma in Registered Practical Nursing.
- Holds a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience working with seniors and individuals with disabilities or cognitive impairments
- Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability
- Experience in a homecare setting an asset
- Sound verbal and written communication, teaching and leadership skills
- Be able to understand and speak the language – Anishinaabemowin
- Valid First Aid, CPR and Ontario Drivers License
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation Communities and their culture
Salary is in accordance to WUIR Salary Grid. All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two reference letters/contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
Attention: Melissa Roy
16A Complex Drive, P.O. Box 101
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 28, 2019 @ 4:00PM
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s License & Abstract.
DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
ALL INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
142 total views, 1 today