NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE
(FETAL ALCOHOL SPRECTRUM DISORDER – FASD)
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre invites applications for the position of New Beginnings (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder)
Program Coordinator. The Coordinator will work within an interdisciplinary health team to support communities, families
and children specific to FASD. The program encompasses prevention, identification and intervention services using both a
traditional and western approach. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with relevant services and providers
to deliver culturally relevant messages of FASD prevention, to assist in FASD multi-disciplinary evaluation assessments and
follow up support, and to champion client access to appropriate FASD services and supports. Check our web-site for more
information about the organization at: www.noojmowin-teg.ca. *Note: Position is funded dependent on ongoing funding
from the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred
medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
• Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Education specialization in FASD, an asset.
• Minimum of three (3) years of work experience and skills specific to counselling.
• Minimum of two (2) years of work experience related to FASD and substance abuse.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in program coordination, and curriculum-activity development and
• Excellent written, oral and technology (ie. Word, excel, powerpoints, etc) communication skills.
• Experience working in an electronic data input and reporting environment, preferred
• Experience working with Anishnaabek people is important.
• Anishnaabemowin and knowledge of the Anishnaabek culture and protocols, an asset.
• Demonstrated familiarity with local First Nation and non-aboriginal health and social services an asset.
• Valid drivers’ license, own vehicle, and copy of acceptable drivers’ abstract required;
• Ability to speak and understand Anishinaabemowin, an asset;
• Vulnerable sector Criminal Record’s Check, essential.
Submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work related references, and a recent CPIC. Mark correspondence as
“Confidential” Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
Human Resources Phone: (705) 368-2182 x204
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre Fax: (705) 368-2229
Hwy 540, 48 Hillside Road, Bag 200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audeck Omni Kaning First Nation Web-site: www.noojmowin-teg.ca
Little Current, Ontario P0P 1K0
Only the successful applicant will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
1344 total views, 4 today