Full-Time Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner
NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY –
Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (1 FTE)
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a full-time Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (NP-PHC). The NP will provide primary health care to full scope, with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention. Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an aboriginal community-based primary health care organization committed to outreach and a collaborative approach, focused on wholistic and comprehensive care through both traditional and western healing methods. The NP will work as an integral and collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team. The Primary Health Care NP will report to the Primary Care Manager.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that provides traditional healing, primary health, mental health, and health promotion services to community members of the seven First Nations of Manitoulin District as well as First Nations clients living within the surrounding areas.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner, Masters preferred
- Member in good standing and without restrictions, College of Nurses of Ontario
- Member in good standing of Nurse Practitioners Association of Ontario.
- Experience working as an NP in a primary health care or community setting an asset.
- Experience working within an EMR and an electronic office working environment
- Work experience with Anishinabek organizations or communities an asset
- Anishnabe or aboriginal ancestry, or the ability to speak Anishinabemowin, an asset
- Ability to travel to multiple sites on Manitoulin Island and the surrounding area is mandatory.
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, a current vulnerable criminal records check, a copy of valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email.
Application Deadline: December 28, 2018
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre T: 705-368-2182
Hwy. 540, 48 Hillside Drive, Bag 2002 F: 705-368-2229
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation E: email@example.com
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0 W: www.noojmowin-teg.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
180 total views, 2 today