Full-Time Personal Support Worker
Personal Support Worker
The Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing care that contributes to the quality of life of individuals who live at home by promoting their independence; dignity; social; emotional and physical well-being; mobility; personal appearance; comfort and safety so that they may remain in and participate within their community.
The successful applicant must be willing to work flexible hours (possible evenings
and/or weekends) and may provide services to all five First Nation communities.
(Aundeck Omni Kaning, Sheguiandah, Sheshegwaning, Whitefish River and Zhiibaahaasing)
1. Provide personal support services based on the clients personal care or home management needs.
2. Provide assistance to the Long-Term Care Program with the provision of regular Diners’ Club and Meals On Wheels program, Adult Day programming and may assist/provide generic transportation services for own client caseload; friendly visits and social safety.
3. Provide respite services working flexible hours.
4. Works collaboratively with health care providers in providing holistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health.
5. Submission of timely required documentation based on scheduled basis to immediate supervisor.
6. May assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
1. Knowledgeable and respectful of Anishinaabe customs, culture and language
2. A Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized college with a minimum of (2) years community work experience.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Current and Clear CPIC
5. Valid driver’s ‘G’ license and a vehicle.
6. Anishinaabemowin is a strong asset.
Salary range based on qualifications and approved salary grid.
A cover letter, resume, two work related reference letters and a criminal reference check (dated within 90 days) marked ‘Confidential’ must be submitted via fax or email
Director of Care
Mnaamodzawin Health Services
APPLICATION DEADLINE: (4:00 p.m.) Friday, December 7th, 2018
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be notified.
69 total views, 1 today