Casual Personal Support Worker
Personal Support Worker
Full-Time, Part-Time, Casual
The Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing care that contributes to the quality of life of individuals who live at home by promoting their independence; dignity; social; emotional and physical well-being; mobility; personal appearance; comfort and safety so that they may remain in and participate within their community.
The successful applicant must be willing to work flexible hours (possible evenings
and/or weekends) and may provide services to all five First Nation communities.
(Aundeck Omni Kaning, Sheguiandah, Sheshegwaning, Whitefish River and Zhiibaahaasing)
- Provide personal support services based on the clients personal care or home management needs.
- Provide assistance to the Long-Term Care Program with the provision of regular Diners’ Club and Meals On Wheels program, Adult Day programming and may assist/provide generic transportation services for own client caseload; friendly visits and social safety.
- Provide respite services working flexible hours.
- Works collaboratively with health care providers in providing holistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health.
- Submission of timely required documentation based on scheduled basis to immediate supervisor.
- May assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Knowledgeable and respectful of Anishinaabe customs, culture and language
- A Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized college with a minimum of (2) years community work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current and Clear CPIC
- Valid driver’s ‘G’ license and a vehicle.
- Anishinaabemowin is a strong asset.
Salary range based on qualifications and approved salary grid.
A cover letter, resume, two work related reference letters and a criminal reference check (dated within 90 days) marked ‘Confidential’ must be submitted via fax or email
Mnaamodzawin Health Services
APPLICATION DEADLINE: (2:00 p.m.) Friday, January 25, 2019
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be notified.
80 total views, 1 today