Full-Time Outreach Counsellor – Woman Abuse
OUTREACH COUNSELLOR – WOMAN ABUSE
Temporary Full-Time Contract
Manitoulin Family Resources requires 1 Woman Abuse Outreach Counsellor to support women and children in our Violence Against Women Prevention Program. Services provided include short, medium, and long therapeutic counselling that is goal focused and designed to improve emotional well-being and healing. Additional supports offered include safety planning, crisis support, advocacy, and referrals. Maintenance of client records and statistical data capture is required, as is the promotion of agency services and providing public education.
The successful candidate will have
- An in-depth knowledge of an academic discipline acquired through the completion of a clinically supervised undergraduate or graduate degree
- Registration with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers of Ontario and/or College of Psychotherapists of Ontario, and be a member in good standing
- Ability to adhere to standards of practice under the CSWSS and/or COP
- Ability to create and maintain therapeutic relationships
- Ability to apply an intersectional feminist framework that identifies women’s relation to social systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in therapeutic counselling (individual and group experience) on mental health, issues of trauma, and its effects on women and children
- In-depth knowledge of community support services for women and children
- Working knowledge of harm reduction principles and practice
- Current knowledge of cultural competency service provision and counselling women from different backgrounds
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, clear VSS, and insurable driver’s abstract are requirements of the position and conditions of hire.
This position is a bargaining unit position. Flexibility in scheduling will be required to meet the needs of the Outreach program, with the position averaging 35 hours per week. The Outreach Counsellor delivers direct client services throughout the catchment area of Manitoulin Island and the north-east shore of Lake Huron, from Massey to Nairn Centre. The position is based out of the main administration office in Mindemoya.
Deadline for applications: Friday, March 22, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward applications to:
D. Leblanc, Executive Programs Assistant
Manitoulin Family Resources
P.O. Box 181
Fax: 705 377-4863
221 total views, 1 today