Full-Time Ontario Works Administrator
Ontario Works Administrator – Full-time
Sheguiandah First Nation
Sheguiandah First Nation is seeking one individual who is eager to work, possesses a good work ethic, is a great team player, takes pride in the work that they do, and is interested in making a difference in the clientele that they serve.
Under the supervision of the Band Manager, the Ontario Works Administrator is responsible for the management, administration and delivery of all aspects of the financial and employment assistance services for Sheguiandah First Nation community members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer Ontario Works Social Assistance programs in accordance with legislative and policy terms/requirements
- Prepare a 2 year Service Plan and yearly Budget, and monitor all relevant expenditures against the approved budget and recommend budget modifications
- Approves and authorizes payment of financial assistance entitlements and client participation cost, upholding client information in the most Confidential manner
- Prepares and submits monthly financial claim reports for reimbursement to the Ministry of Community and Social Services and Indigenous Services Canada, as well as prepare for annual year-end Audit
- Ensures that Ontario Works services are effectively and efficiently coordinated throughout each planning period with other relevant community-based and external services
- Consult with colleagues at other First Nation Ontario Works programs in order to share and obtain general information and ideas about effective financial and employment assistance and opportunity development measures and to remain abreast of new methods/approaches
- Participate in ensuring that culturally appropriate methods of delivery of financial and developmental assistance are identified and/or developed and are incorporated into service delivery to community members where appropriate and as requested
- Assists or acts on behalf of the First Nation in relevant financial resource and policy negotiations with the Ontario Works funding agent as requested, as well as in respect to developmental opportunities in the social assistance area
- Attend meetings and training as required by Sheguiandah First Nation
- Will have a University degree or a Community College diploma in a relevant business, health and/or social services field, and/or 2 years’ direct client service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Will be thoroughly familiar with the relevant Federal and provincial policies, legislation, regulations and/or guidelines that are relevant to the funding and delivery of Ontario Works services
- Will have a thorough knowledge of the range of relevant community-based and external programs and services available to community members, as well as about the culture and the significant characteristics of the social structure and relevant human service needs of the First Nation
- Work and relate effectively with the management and staff of other program/agencies, to community members
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, with management, co-workers and other programs / agencies
- Must be able to function in a computer environment (OW database, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must have a valid Class G driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
Interested applicants must submit your cover letter, resume and three (3) work related reference letters, marked confidential as follows:
Deadline: Friday, August 16, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Rate of Pay: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
By mail to: CONFIDENTIAL “Ontario Works Administrator”
Valerie Assinewai, Economic Development Officer
Sheguiandah First Nation, 142 Ogemah Miikan, Sheguiandah, ON P0P 1W0
By fax to: 705-368-3697
Or email to: email@example.com
Applicants are encouraged to request a copy of the full job description prior to submitting resume by calling 705-368-2781 ext 201 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful applicant will be required to provide a current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) and Vulnerable Sector Report upon hire. Thank you to all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
173 total views, 2 today