Contract Mental Wellness Support Worker
Mental Wellness Support Worker
Contract Position – Ending March 29, 2019
(possible extension with approved funding)
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is seeking a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Mental Wellness Support Worker.
To assist in providing mental wellness to those requiring the assistance of the Mnidoo Mnising Crisis Response Team. To assist in the development of a Community Crisis Response Plan for all seven First Nations of Mnidoo Mnising. Initiate a process to assess the capacity and resources of communities.
Ensure effective crisis response is provided in a timely manner. Provide referral services to individuals, groups and families and to promote the crisis response team.
- Provide immediate care to individuals experiencing crisis and trauma; through mobile crisis outreach.
- Implement capacity building opportunities, facilitate circles as well as coordinating knowledge exchange opportunities so that they meet the community needs utilizing a traditional/western approach
- Aid in the development of continued treatment and safety plans.
- Act as a resource for community and continued support programs, providing accurate information as required.
- Direct individuals and families to available social services and resources within the community as required
- Provide counselling to clients, including one-on-one counselling and group therapy as required.
- Maintain sustainable working relationships with community agencies, schools, law enforcement and courts.
- Maintain accurate and detailed case notes and records of each visit, conversation and any other form of communication.
- Attend scheduled department staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Post-Secondary Education in one of the helping disciplines from an accredited college or university.
- Three years experience in working with First Nations populations
- Knowledge of First Nations communities and health and social service issues
- Strong advocate in community development
- Excellent facilitation and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Membership or membership qualification in a recognized provincial regulatory body
- Excellent assessment, interviewing, and counselling skills.
- Knowledge of service delivery systems, specialized services, First Nation community dynamics as well as all applicable legislation
- Travel is a requirement of this position – applicants must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and own a reliable vehicle.
Salary is in accordance to WUIR Salary Grid. All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two (2) work related references marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Mental Wellness Support Worker
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: December 4, 2018 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s License & Abstract.
DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
94 total views, 1 today