Full-Time Learning Coach
Kenjgewin Teg is an Anishnaabe controlled and directed education organization that strives to provide a comprehensive, qualitative, cultural and holistic approach to First Nations based education, training and services. Our vision is to give students the ability to see the gift they were given, in order to be able to succeed in this world!
The Mshiigaade Miikan program will enable Kenjgewin Teg, as one of 9 community based post-secondary Indigenous Institutes in Ontario, to experiment and to be innovative by strengthening local partnerships with organizations and communities dedicated to personal and community wellness, as an innovative strategy to help increase the employability and labour market readiness for Indigenous/Anishinabek youth and adult members interested in the following key apprenticeship sectors: skilled trades, hospitality and tourism, and early childhood education.
Salary: Kenjgewin Teg Teacher Salary Grid
Position Objective: The Learning Coach will report directly to the Dean of Pathways. The Learning Coach will create and promote an environment that reflects the Anishinabek language, traditions and culture in all that we do and will have an appreciation of the Anishinabek culture, principles, values and language, history, customs and be supportive of Anishinabek practices and protocols. The Learning Coach will contribute and provide expertise in the application of learning theory, learning opportunities, and instructional methods through the design and delivery of expected outcomes, deliver, instruct and provide opportunities for the milestones relating to Employment Skills and Academic Knowledge and Skills as well as Cultural Learning for a minimum of 270 participants/learnings.
- Minimum Degree in Bachelor of Education
- Background in the Intermediate/Senior Math and Science is preferred
- Must be a member of the Ontario College of Teachers in good standing
- Ability to facilitate and/or experience instructing within a post-secondary or adult learning environment
- Experience in curriculum writing is a definite asset
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office 365 environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge and experience working with e-learning applications and LMS including the Ministry of Education D2L environment
- Familiarity with available community resources in our service delivery area
- Must possess coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment approach to program development and delivery
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, community services providers, and staff
- Must have Valid Driver’s license and be willing to travel when required
- Appreciation and knowledge of the Anishinabek culture, principles, values, language, history and customs and supportive of Anishinabek Practices, language revitalization and protocols
Deadline: Friday March 1, 2019 at 12 noon
To learn more about this employment opportunity, please contact the Director of Operations at 705-377-4342 or by email at BrendaFrancis@kenjgewinteg.ca.
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked confidential either through mail, fax or delivered in-person to:
c/o Director of Operations
374 Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng First Nation, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-4342 Fax: 705-377-4379
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive and partnership with the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg’s Fitness for Duty Program is implemented which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please Note: Late applications will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.
230 total views, 1 today