Summer Employment Island Home Outfitters Multi-Job Posting
Growing store in Mindemoya
for upcoming Spring/Summer season
Island Home Outfitters/Island Adventure Sport Rentals
Island Home Outfitters/Island Adventure Sport Rentals in Mindemoya is a bustling home décor/gift store that also provides watersport equipment rentals during the summer season. Applications are being accepted for two upcoming positions:
Front line employee: Starting May 2019
This position will be primarily working in the store and assisting with the day-to-day operations of a busy home/décor gift store. This position is part-time with potential for full-time hours during peak season. The ideal candidate should be outgoing, willing to take on new and different tasks as they come up and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing sales for customers using a tablet-based point of sale system
- Answering the phone and assisting with customer inquires
- Assisting customers to find products in store, effectively communicate prices and be knowledgeable about various products
- Taking reservations for sport rentals over the phone and in person
- Greet customers and be a positive face for the business while providing a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience.
Product assembly and rental services assistant: July – August 2019
Tasks associated with this position will vary depending on customer orders and rental demand. The ideal candidate should be able to perform tasks that include some heavy lifting as well as product assembly using a cordless drill. This position requires a valid G driver’s license, and the employee must hold valid auto insurance. Also, the ideal candidate should be comfortable delivering/picking up various types of watercraft and watersports equipment on their own. A strong knowledge of different types of watercrafts would be considered an asset. Already having a valid Ontario Boating license would be considered an asset (a valid Boating License is required for the position but can be obtained after being hired). This position will be primarily part-time with potential for full-time hours, and possibly overtime hours, depending on demand. The tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Offload and organize patio furniture orders as they arrive
- Assist in the assembly and delivery of patio furniture as required
- Deliver/pickup different types of watercraft/watersport equipment, as well as provide a tutorial of how to properly use all items rented.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed when items are rented and answer questions from customers
- Must be willing to work alone at times and be able to communicate with managers via cell phone when necessary.
- Applicants should be self-motivated and show signs of taking the initiative when approaching a new task
Perform various other tasks as required
Please send resumes to
150 total views, 1 today