Full-Time Indigenous Re-Integration & Supportive Services Program
INDIGENOUS RE-INTEGRATION AND SUPPORTIVE
Location: United Chiefs and Councils of Mnidoo Mnising Tribal Council – M’Chigeeng First Nation
Duration: Full-time Permanent (pending funding)
The Indigenous Re-integration Supportive Services (IRSS) Program worker provides support to the Manitoulin Youth Justice Services Probation Officer with respect to Indigenous youth aged 12-17, at the time of the offence, who have been found guilty and are currently on probation, conditional supervision or community supervision. Through this program, services will be provided to youth primarily from the six UCCMM member First Nations, as case management directed, and any off-reserve First Nation population in the District of Manitoulin.
- Meet regularly with the Youth Probation Officer and the UCCMM Justice Manager to discuss clients, cases, community supervision plans, evaluation of progress and develop treatment plans for youth;
- Work closely with home communities of clients in developing re-integration plans, case management conferences and ensure all potential community supports are secured before discharge;
- Liaise with community service providers (i.e. Elders, Social Service and Health Service providers, cultural programs, youth programs, UCCMM Justice Program) to identify resources for youth on Probation;
- Develop community profiles which highlight existing supports and resources, gaps and plans to develop programs and services for youth;
- Maintain client files, database, and quarterly activity and statistical reports;
- Follow all monitoring directives as laid out in the service contract;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client identity and information at all times;
- Develop an evaluation tool to solicit feedback from Youth Justice Services, and resources utilized within the six First Nation communities and justice stakeholders (UCCM Anishinabe Police, Manitoulin OPP, Courts, and service agencies, etc.);
- Provide the following supports to youth, as referred by the Youth Probation Officer: Mentorship, Anger Management, Community Service Hours, School Support, Re-integration Support;
- Participate in the Child and Youth Service Providers’ Network of Mnidoo Mnising;
- Attend and participate in activities and programming related to the UCCMM Justice Program including but not limited to the U-Turn Program;
- Other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary Social Work Diploma or Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of two years social services work experience with Indigenous people;
- Must have knowledge of local Anishinaabe teachings, culture, communities, history, elders and local issues facing Indigenous people;
- Must support Anishinaabe red road teachings, promotion of positive role models and healthy lifestyles;
- Must have ability to maintain administrative instruments (workplans, reports, files, correspondence);
- Must have knowledge of services available in the Districts of Manitoulin/Sudbury/Algoma for Indigenous people;
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required;
- Valid driver’s license (proof must be provided with application) and access to a vehicle;
- Up-to-date and clear Vulnerable Sector Screening check if selected.
Closing Date: June 7, 2019 at 12 noon
Mail or deliver a complete package which must include the following:
1) cover letter
3) copy of valid Ontario driver’s license
4) three work-related letters of reference including at least one from a supervisor/manager.
Incomplete, emailed or late packages will not be considered. Thank you for applying, but only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mark “Confidential-IRSS” to:
Chief Executive Officer
United Chiefs and Councils of Mnidoo Mnising
M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
174 total views, 1 today