Full-Time Governance Coordinator
AUNDECK OMNI KANING FIRST NATION
The Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation is seeking a highly motivated individual to fulfil the role and job responsibilities of the Governance Coordinator position.
- Support the effective implementation of the Comprehensive Governance Communications Strategy in support of the Anishinabek Nation Governance Agreement.
- Develop a work plan to coordinate and administer First Nation citizen engagement activities, including community meetings and door to door visits on the Governance Agreement.
- Ensure ongoing communication updates with Chief and Council and First Nation citizens.
- Collaboratively work with Regional Communications Coordinators to support regional engagement sessions with First Nations citizens living in urban centres, and attending colleges and universities.
- Support the development of a First Nation citizen engagement database.
- Assist in addressing First Nation communications issues related to the implementation of the Comprehensive Governance Communications Strategy.
- Provide strategic advice to support the effective implementation of the First Nation communications strategy.
- Support community outreach activities for the Governance Main Table (such as coordinating speaking engagements)
- Support the development and implementation of social media activities.
- Responsible for the effective reporting on the implementation of the Comprehensive Governance Communications Strategy.
- Engage in other matters that Chief and Council direct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary School diploma
- Strong computer skills with aptitude for using new software
- Ability to remain organized, multi-task and manage time well
- Exercise discretion in handling confidential information, strong interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen
- Experience with consultation methodologies and engagement techniques
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 (depending on qualifications and experience). Interested applicants must forward a Cover letter, Resume and Three (3) current letters of reference no later than
Friday, August 16, 2019 at 12:00pm (noon) to:
Chief and Council (Marked – Governance Coordinator) – 19/20
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
13 Hill Street
Little Current, ON
219 total views, 2 today