Full-Time Finance Clerk
The Finance Clerk will assist the Finance Manager in accounts payable and maintaining appropriate financial documentation through an organized system of filing. Other responsibilities will include processing payable cheques, providing assistance with annual audit working papers, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and completing administrative duties related to the Finance Department and Administration.
- Organize filing of all appropriate documents.
- Assist with accounts receivable and payable.
- Assist in the preparation for auditors.
- Prepare bank reconciliation.
- Conduct banking
- Assist with invoicing clients and answer inquiries.
- Assess fixed assets and depreciation.
- Store, update and retrieve financial data.
- Process claims and vouchers for payment, enter invoices, match invoices with purchase orders, and check all claims for accuracy.
- Verify account codes for proper assignment of budgetary expenditures.
- Act as first line contact with vendors regarding billing problems.
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintaining filing and record systems.
- Order supplies, receive incoming supplies, check against bills of lading for finance office
- Receive incoming mail, date stamp, record, sort and distribute mail, and stamps out going and send out mail
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Overtime may be required
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Exel.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Extremely detailed oriented
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment such as photocopiers, telephone systems, email and fax machines.
General Finance and bookkeeping course
2-3 years office experience
Experience with budget, accounting, and reporting systems.
Experience with SAGE 300 accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications is an asset
Salary Range: Based on qualifications and experience
Deadline for Applications: June 28, 2019 at 12 p.m.
Please submit a letter of application and resume with three written employment references, one from current/most recent employer and current Criminal Reference Check. Incomplete or late packages will not be accepted. Only hard copies will be accepted. Please forward to:
Hazel Recollet, Chief Executive Officer
United Chiefs and Councils of Mnidoo Mnising
P.O. Box 275, M’Chigeeng, ON P0P 1G0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants under
consideration will be contacted for an interview.
117 total views, 1 today