Full-Time Finance Clerk
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Location: Sudbury and Manitoulin
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs.
We invite applications consisting of a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
(1) Permanent, Full time position
The Finance Clerk(s) reports to the Finance Supervisor; and, is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, processing and monitoring receipts and revenues, and preparing and monitoring the payroll system. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that agency finances are accurate and up to date, that staff are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. All Employees are part of a multi-functional team where members are expected to possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well-being.
Two (2) year Accounting Diploma from a recognized, accredited post-secondary institute.
Must have at least two (2) years of recent and successful employment experience within an office administration environment with significant exposure to financial processes and procedures
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of office administration coupled with basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers.
- Knowledge of payroll functions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information.
- Confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Awareness of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Employment Standards Act (2000).
- Awareness of Aboriginal Child Welfare sector is preferred.
- Knowledge to the application of policies.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, bookkeeping, analytical, time management and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening, communications, organizational, and computer skills.
- Ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level.
- Superior financial calculation understanding, knowledge and skills.
- Understanding and awareness of First Nation communities as well as the local customs and tradition.
- Ability to work well with other managers from a wide range of department areas.
Deadline: October 18, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Finance Clerk – Manitoulin”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Finance Clerk – Manitoulin
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
92 total views, 9 today