Casual Family Counsellors & Child and Youth Workers
Casual: Family Counsellors & Child and Youth Workers
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter Program is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals for the positions of Family Counsellors and Child & Youth Workers.
Responsible for planning and facilitating safe therapeutic counselling; ensuring care management duties are completed according to minimal standards; preparing and maintaining administrative duties, promoting a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment.
1. Plan and facilitate safe therapeutic counselling to individuals and/or families by providing:
• Accurate and complete intake packages
• Orientation to the environment and counselling process
• Complete comprehensive assessments, circle of life self-assessment and healing journey plan of care
2. In accordance with the minimal standards, ensure case management responsibilities are current and accurate by:
• Submitting documentation for feedback, revision and approval
• Updating client contact sheets and case management tracking sheets
• Identifying and developing safety plans for high risk situations
3. Prepare, conduct and maintain administrative duties by:
• Adhering to and abiding by the contents of the Shelter Service Operations Manual
• Complete and submitting weekly time sheets and appropriate leave forms
• Complete and submitting monthly reports
4. Promote a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment by:
• Working cooperatively and in coordination with all staff members
• Communicating concerns will all staff members in a sensitive and direct manner to promote understanding and resolution
• Providing compassion/nurturance to those involved with the Shelter who are experiencing death/tragedy e.g. cooking
Post-Secondary graduate in Social Work or relevant discipline or a minimum of three years’ equivalent combination of work and volunteer experience in the provision of services regarding family violence and other relevant disciplines
Understanding of the impact of family violence on the individual family, clan, nation and community
For a complete job description, please contact Melissa Roy. Salary is in accordance with WUIR Salary Grid. All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and 2 work related reference letters, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 21, 2019 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate:
CPIC/VSS, Driver’s License & Abstract. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
ALL INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
101 total views, 1 today