Contract Family Counsellor
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs
We invite applications consisting of a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
2 Year Contract Location: Manitoulin
Under the direction of the Service Supervisor, the incumbent will work collaboratively with all KGCFS resources in ongoing communication with children, families, caregivers and relevant external agencies for assigned caseloads. Provides therapeutic intervention services including skill building, behavioural intervention, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, rational emotive therapy and other cognitive strategies. Ensures that the family understands the issues identified in the risk management assessment and ensures that a support system is in place.
Bachelor of Social Work degree or equivalent in education in the social services field.
- At least two (2) years in family therapy and/or crisis intervention, and
- At least two (2) years of child care or family support is mandatory.
- Must have excellent oral, written and communication skills;
- Tact, sound judgement, good skills in handling complex interviews;
- Ability to obtain confidence of children and families;
- Ability to respond to crisis situations and work flexible hours;
- Knowledge of existing community services and resources;
- Ability to function independently and frequently under pressure;
- Maintain detailed case management files, recording information including all required forms and documentation;
- Must have excellent facilitation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Cultural competency in working with a variety of First Nations families;
- Must have thorough understanding of function of Family Support teams, Guardianship teams and social services;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Driver’s License and personal insurance coverage with access to a reliable vehicle.
Deadline: APRIL 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Education Liaison”.
Include in your application: cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters, two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Human Resources – CONFIDENTIAL
FAMILY COUNSELLOR – Manitoulin
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
61 total views, 3 today