Contract Education Liaison
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs
We invite applications consisting of a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
Contract until March 31, 2020
With possibility of extension
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, the Education Liaison will improve educational outcomes for children and youth in care, customary care, and in a Voluntary Youth Services Agreement. The Education Liaison coordinates educational supports and culturally responsive navigation support for children and youth in care. The Education Liaison helps to resolve issues that impact the children and youth’s learning, and strengthens the relationships amongst societies, schools, public school boards, First Nations’ school authorities, and community partners.
Education and Experience
- Accredited Degree or Diploma in the field of Education or Social Services
- Must have two (2) years work experience in the delivery of social service programming targeting youth and families, preferably within an Anishinaabe community and/or organization;
- Must have traditionally earned learning through hands on experience about Indigenous cultural beliefs, values, customs, traditions, healing ways, ceremonies, and protocols;
- Must have Life experience and knowledge of and sensitivity to values, beliefs, and needs of the Anishinaabe community.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of the education system from daycare to university;
- Ability to interpret, apply and blend a wide range of Social Work practices and principles and Anishinaabe methods to help children, youth and families achieve a healthier lifestyle;
- Proven knowledge of First Nation communities’ standards, the Child and Family Services Act and other relevant federal and provincial legislation.
Deadline: APRIL 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –Education Liaison”.
Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Human Resources – CONFIDENTIAL
EDUCATION LIAISON – Manitoulin
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
147 total views, 1 today