Full-Time Director of Education
Kenjgewin Teg is recruiting!
Director of Education
Term Position: One year contract
Kenjgewin Teg is an Anishnaabe controlled and directed education organization that strives to provide a comprehensive, qualitative, cultural and holistic approach to First Nations based education, training and services. Our vision is to give students the ability to see the gift they were given, in order to be able to succeed in this world!
The Director of Education will be responsible for consistent achievement of the education vision, mission and goals and objectives of the educational system as set out by the governing body and community. The Director of Education will provide leadership and supervision in the areas of programming, student supports, administration and financial budgeting. This position will work with all the education sectors to ensure students are inspired and continue to strive to reach their full potential. This position will lead the implementation and development of programs and services specific to education for the M’Chigeeng First Nation.
Dean of Pathways:
Salary Range: EX2 Division Manager/Salary Grade Band M – Qualified Level M ($78,733 – 87,480 – 96,229)
The Director of education will have responsibilities in the following key areas:
- System leadership and Administration
- External and internal partnerships
- Student Achievement and Well-being
- Fiscal responsibility
- Personnel management
- Communication and community relations
- Undergraduate degree in education or equivalent educational background with work related experience
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Preferred I/S qualifications
- Special Education qualifications would be an asset
- Must possess Ontario Principal Qualifications – Part I and II
- Must have a minimum of three years management experience in an Indigenous setting
- Program management and budgetary experience
- A comprehensive understanding of Indigenous issues and Indigenous education
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have an appreciation of the Anishinabek culture, principles, values, language, history and customs; and be supportive in implementation of Anishinabek practices, language revitalization/immersion and protocols;
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and reports;
- Strong time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, proposals and reports;
- Ability to problem solve and mitigate conflict in an efficient and responsible way
- Intermediate – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Deadline: Friday, September 20, 2019 at 12 noon
To learn more about this employment opportunity, please contact the Director of Operations at 705-377-4342.
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked confidential either through mail or fax only to:
“Director of Education”
c/o Director of Operations
374 Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng First Nation, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-4342 Fax: 705-377-4379
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive and partnership with the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg’s Fitness for Duty Program is implemented which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please Note: Late applications will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.
199 total views, 1 today