Full-Time Director of Corporate Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Director of Corporate Services
Mission Statement: “Our services ensure children are protected and stay connected with their culture, language and community while strengthening family and community relationships.
The Director of Corporate Services will be responsible for the management and functional operations of Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services’ Financial, Statistical, Human Resources, Information Technology, Office and Property Management services.
- As a member of the agency’s senior leadership team, the incumbent will foster the achievement of the strategic directions of the organization by supporting and serving as a resource to all levels of management.
- Formulate and recommend to the Executive Director objectives, and assist in leading action plans relative to the agency strategic short- and long-range goals, business plan development, operational planning, risk mitigation planning in the portfolios and activities which have been assigned to this position.
- Along with the senior leadership team, engage in service and operational business planning, human resource planning and lead budget preparation, financial oversight and financial monitoring.
- Manage the organization’s accounting and finance functions.
- Plan, develop, and establish appropriate short- and long-term financial strategies to accomplish approved objectives and goals.
- Monitor and ensure the financial and accounting systems operate within provincial financial parameters and the Board mandate for sound corporate governance.
- Administer and report on metrics related to finance and accounting.
- Provide reporting and guidance to the senior leadership team and Board of Directors
- Participate in negotiation of agreements involving financial risks or obligations.
- Participate in development of the agency fundraising campaign through the agency’s charitable status designation and required reporting and monitoring of funds obtained.
Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the oversight of the Human Resource team including developing and executing a human resource strategy and plans that meet the human capital needs of the organization and support achievement of the overall strategic direction of the Agency.
- Develop, implement and maintain human resource policies and practices that are aligned with the agency strategic plan and compliant with relevant legislation and regulations
- Responsible for the oversight of compensation, pension and benefits
- Responsible for the oversight and development of strategies relative to employment recruitment, retention, engagement in employee – employer relations and performance management.
- Responsible for oversight of the Health and Safety functions within the agency and ensuring compliance to relevant legislation.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all Agency assets, owned and leased and ensure management of the required risks and insurance relative to the risk management of properties.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all Agency lease agreements, acquisition, property contracts and property maintenance.
- Responsible to lead development and oversight of a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Commerce, Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Administration or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: 7 years of experience in a financial management position
- Certified Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant federal and provincial legislation such as income tax, provincial budgeting, broader public-sector funding frameworks and audit requirements, as well as expertise in investment planning and the financial managing of registered charities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal analysis, procedures, coordination and management.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in providing strategic advice and expertise to senior management.
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong judgment, decision making, negotiating, project and change management skills.
- Proficient in the use of accounting and business software
- Experience working within an organization serving First Nations communities and focussed on First Nations traditions and practices.
- Financial and people management in an agency providing comparable services.
- Experience in a senior leadership role.
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience. The current approved Salary range is $107, 651 to $130, 228.
Interested applicants may submit résumés via email to: email@example.com
Or by mail to:
Gallagher Benefit Services (Canada) Group Inc.
Attention: Mary Duncan, Human Resources
62 Frood Road, Suite 302
Sudbury, ON P3C 4Z3
When applying, please quote: Director of Corporate Services.
For a full job description, please contact Mary Duncan at 705-688-9393, ext: 2086.
Deadline for submitting resumes is April 17, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
104 total views, 1 today