Contract Consultation Coordinator
The Whitefish River First Nation is seeking a motivated individual to fulfill the role and responsibilities for the position of Consultation Coordinator. As the Consultation Coordinator you will assist WRFN in preparing for future consultations and engagements with governments, municipalities and third party proponents. The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
Develop internal community decision making protocols including; a Pre-Consultation checklist, Technical Assessment / Capacity Funding Document, Community Consultation policy, and Community Engagement Strategies.
Build in-house knowledge and expertise by developing and establishing a Geographical Information System (GIS) database for Whitefish River First Nation.
Build relationships and establish linkages that support socio-economic growth opportunities as they relate to lands and resource development.
Engage and work collaboratively with colleagues from various departments of Whitefish River Administration
Must abide by Whitefish River First Nation’s personnel policy and procedures
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Public or Lands Administration.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft office, specifically Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of the Duty to Consult
- Experience with consultation methodologies and engagement techniques
- Knowledge of land use and environmental issues as they affect First Nations
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture, Traditions, communication styles and value systems.
Interested applicants to forward a Cover Letter and Resume including three (3) current letters of reference no later than July 27, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Whitefish River First Nation
17 A Rainbow Ridge Road, P.O. Box 188,
Birch Island, ON P0P 1A0
Attn: Art Jacko, Band Manager
61 total views, 1 today