Full-Time Complex Care Coordinator
Wikwemikong Health Centre
Complex Care Coordinator – Long Term Care/Home & Community Care (LTC/HCC)
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Complex Care Coordinator within the LTC/HCC.
The Complex Care Coordinator will assess all clients to access services under the LTC/HCC programs. Referrals can be from clients, family, hospital, physicians, and/or other health care professionals.
Responsibilities (for a complete job description please contact Melissa Roy)
- Assess the patient; collect and document the current health status and medical history of the patient.
- Complete and/or review screeners and Inter Rai Cha assessments.
- Co-ordinate access to specialize services by working with the other health care providers
- Co-ordinate care coordination meetings as needed
- Ensure all statistical information is collected and reported to appropriate funding agencies
- Complete placement forms for clients wanting to go into a Long Term Care Home
- Attend weekly hospital rounds to help facilitate discharges
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with client with complex care needs;
- In depth knowledge of Wikwemikong home care program and other community resources.
- Skilled in case management, assessments and interviewing.
- Demonstrated ability to assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating in a courteous and respectful manner.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Proven ability to work
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required
Salary is in accordance to WUIR Salary Grid. All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and 2 work related reference letters, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Complex Care Coordinator – LTC/HCC
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16 A Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 28, 2019 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations, and Driver’s License. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
332 total views, 1 today