Contract Child & Youth Worker
Child & Youth Worker
Maternity Position – 6 Months Contract
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Child & Youth Worker.
Under direction and accountability to Wikwemikong Health Centre, Nookomisnaang Shelter Program, the Child and Youth Worker will provide clinical assessments, planning, treatment and counseling to children and youth of Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve, and consultations regarding community behavioral assessments and intervention.
The primary responsibility is the provision of accessible mental health counseling services from a wholistic approach to children and youth, that is consistent with the vision, mission and core values of the Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter Program. The Child and Youth Worker is responsible for providing integrated services from the point of referral to discharge for all assigned children and youth receiving his or her service. The Child and Youth Worker will collaborate with all health team members, community providers, and the general public. The services will be offered only to the children and youth within the Nookomisnaang Shelter Program.
1. Complete general responsibilities relevant to administration and counselling practice
2. Provide culturally appropriate and effective clinic services are provided to children and youth
3. Participate and/or promote mental health awareness to children and youth
4. Participate in quality improvement and personal growth activities.
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary degree in one of the helping disciplines preferred; or, successful completion of a three year college diploma program in the social services field;
- Three years’ work experience in providing clinical service to Aboriginal Youth
- Demonstrated experience in First Nation program delivery and in Traditional healing coordination.
- Experience in conducting counsellor/client interviews, assessments, planning and treatment, referrals, group facilitation and group therapy;
- Must have a valid class “G” driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
For a complete job description, please contact Melissa Roy. Salary is in accordance with WUIR Salary Grid. All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and 2 work related reference letters, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Child & Youth Worker
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: June 21, 2019 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate:
CPIC/VSS, Driver’s License & Abstract.
DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
51 total views, 3 today