Full-Time Child Well-being Workers
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and communities’ inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs
We invite applications consisting of: a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
CHILD WELL-BEING WORKERS (CWBW) – Manitoulin Island
The CWBW provide for the safety and well-being of children in accordance with KGCFS policies and procedures and Ministry Standards. The CWBW will work collaboratively with all KGCFS resources, biological and foster parents, extended family and First Nation communities to ensure that our children are protected and stay connected with their culture, language, and community while strengthening family and community relationships
- Must possess an accredited college diploma in a related field of study.
- Preference will be given to those who possess a Bachelor of Social Work Honors Degree or a degree in a related field of study.
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in the delivery of direct, frontline, social service programming targeting children, youth and families. Experience within an Anishinaabe organization is preferred.
- Your active participation in the Anishinaabe community especially with building knowledge of the teachings from the medicine wheel will be of significant consideration.
- Ability to interpret and apply a wide range of social work practices and Indigenous based methods designed to help families achieve a healthier lifestyle.
- Ability to apply Kina Gbezhgomi’s policy and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to complete case notes and reports in a timely manner. Exceptional ability to work on a one-to-one basis with Indigenous clientele.
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, possess own vehicle, valid class G driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and travel as required.
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is a definite asset.
This is a pooled posting and will remain open until positions are filled.
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential –CWBW Pooled- Manitoulin”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment-related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Human Resources – Confidential
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
106 total views, 1 today