Full-Time Chief Electoral Officer
M’CHIGEENG FIRST NATION
CUSTOM ELECTION CODE 2005
CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER
INVITATION TO TENDER
The M’Chigeeng First Nation is requesting tenders from qualified persons to serve as an Electoral Officer for the CUSTOM ELECTION to be held on M’Chigeeng First Nation.
The M’Chigeeng First Nation has a membership of 2,623 registered members. The majority of membership is off reserve.
To administer the registration of voters, the nominations process and conduct the taking and counting of a vote under the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code and Election Code Regulations.
To exercise the powers, and perform the duties set out in the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code and Election Code Regulations and such duties as are assigned by the Council.
The successful candidate will ensure the duties and responsibilities as set out within the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code and Election Code Regulations are carried out.
The successful candidate must not nominate or second a candidate, or stand as a candidate, in the election. The successful candidate may not be a member of the Election Appeal Committee.
An Electoral Officer, must prior to appointment, provide to the Council with an undertaking to discharge their duties and responsibilities of the position in a fair and neutral manner. The Electoral Officer must possess a high degree of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Contractor shall perform all services required of an electoral officer pursuant to the Custom Election Code to conduct the Election including, but not limited to, the following:
- Adherence to the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code;
- Determine the positions to be elected;
- Conduct the Election in accordance with the Code;
- Strict adherence to the Election timeline as per the MFN Custom Election Code;
- Report the results of the Election to the members of the First Nation immediately after the filing of the return of poll;
- The final report on the overall election must be provided to the First Nation upon completion of the Election.
In addition to the Duties of Electoral Officer as outlined in Part 4 Section 24 of the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code, the Electoral Officer will be responsible to provide:
- An election report and results to Chief and Council, First Nation, Band Membership
- A Training session to the Election/Appeal Committee as required by the Electoral Officer
Tender Submission must include the following information and documents:
- Details of work to be performed with a cost breakdown and description of resources to complete thereof;
- Previous election experience performed;
- Three (3) written reference letters from other First Nations, which is subject to reference checks
- To request a copy of the M’Chigeeng First Nation Custom Election Code 2005, Timeline, and/or to ask questions, please contact Sam Manitowabi, Enaagdenjged at (705) 377-5362, ext. 202 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sealed Tenders will be accepted by the undersigned up until July 31, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Attn: Chief & Council
M’Chigeeng First Nation
P.O. Box 333
108 total views, 5 today