Full-Time Case Aide
KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs
We invite applications consisting of a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
Case Aide (1) Full time position
Under the supervision of the Service Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible to coordinate and facilitate access visits between children and their family members, providing services on the continuum of access arrangements and assist staff in providing direct support services to children, youth, and families.
Two (2) year Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker diploma, or other diploma in the social services field from an accredited institution, with relevant experience.
Relevant experience working with children and families, preferably in child welfare and/or social services.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and Ministry standards;
- Good understanding of the agency’s values, service philosophy and objectives;
- Knowledge of child maltreatment, child development, attachment and separation, and family dynamics.
- Demonstrated helping skills to provide assessment, engagement and support services to families and children;
- Demonstrated cultural competency social service work practice within an Anishinaabe Organization;
- Knowledge of evidence based social service work practice;
- Excellent familiarity with community resources;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team;
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning, priority-setting, and conflict resolution skills;
- Demonstrated presentation skills to represent the Agency in the community setting;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills to coordinate effectively with a broad variety of community resources;
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of Agency and client information at all times;
- Extensive knowledge and proficient competence of computer software;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class “G” Driver’s License and personal insurance coverage with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and to deal with stressful situations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients including working with individuals who are dealing with mental health, addiction and poverty issues.
Deadline: APRIL 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Case Aide Manitoulin”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
Applications are accepted by the deadline date via regular mail, in person or email at:
Human Resources – Confidential
CASE AIDE – MANITOULIN
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe candidates (please self-identify). Miigwech for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within 3 months of deadline date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.
119 total views, 1 today