Full-Time After Hours Worker
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS)
KGCFS is a designated Children`s Aid Society delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, belief and customs.
We invite you to submit your application that includes your resume detailing your education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism.
AFTER HOURS WORKER (UNDER REVIEW)
FULL TIME, REGULAR – SUDBURY & MANITOULIN ISLAND
The After Hours Worker will provide emergency response for Child & Family and Foster Care Services during weeknights, weekends, and holidays outside the agency’s regular office hours.
The purpose of the position is to fulfil the intake and crisis response functions of the Child and Family Service and Foster Care Programs. As an employee of Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services, will promote and support all agency programs and services. Due to the sensitive nature of the agency business and client information, confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Must possess a College Diploma from an accredited university in Social Services or related degree deemed appropriate, with at least two years of direct service to children, adolescents and families.
- Must possess knowledge, respect, and sensitivity of the Anishinaabe culture and be committed to helping First Nation families strengthen and achieve a healthy level of well being. The ability to speak the Anishinaabe Language is a definite asset.
- Work experience in the front-line service delivery of Native Child and Family Services;
- Ability to interpret and apply a wide range of Social Work practices and principles and Native based methods designed to help families achieve a healthier lifestyle;
- Ability to provide consultative support to First Nation families that have opened their homes to children in need of protection;
- Ability to read, understand and apply the agency’s Foster Care Program: policy and procedures manual; and,
- Excellent communication skills. Written skills for the completion of documents, reports and case notes. Oral skills for communication on a one-to-one basis with clients.
Deadline: September 28, 2018 at 11:00 am
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description. KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three reference letters (two employment related from recent employers) to:
Attention Human Resources
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
By Fax: 705-859-2195 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KGCFS services are based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area, preference will be given to Anishinabek candidates (please self-identify). Miigweetch for your application however only we will only be contacting those candidates selected for an interview. Successful candidates as a condition of employment will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver’s Abstract and a Valid G Driver’s License.
67 total views, 1 today