Part-Time Administrative Assistant
(Part Time Position – may lead to Full Time)
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing assistance as required and as directed for the General Manager including but not limited to arranging schedules and meetings, organizing files and records, recording and processing meeting minutes, communicating with Board Members, Staff, Community members and organizations in a timely and efficient manner. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for carrying out other duties and assignments as required.
- Support Debajehmujig Theatre Group to achieve its mission through timely and consistent progress;
- To assist the General Manager in all areas of activities as required and as directed in an efficient and professional manner;
- To provide receptionist duties as required, answering the telephone and inquiries in a efficient and professional manner;
- Operate in accordance with and ensures compliance to Debajehmujig policies and procedures as may be updated and amended from time to time;
- Maintain an organization database, reviewing and updating as required and as assigned;
- Maintain files and records for Debajehmujig office, reviewing and updating as required and as assigned;
- Attend any Board of Directors meetings and other meetings, and Organizational events as assigned by the General Manager;
- Build and maintain effective relationship with staff, managers, interns, funders, and community;
- Support staff in analyzing data and other relevant information to compose reports, compile statistics, prepare letters, memos and agendas;
- Other duties/tasks/responsibilities as required, and as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work in and contribute to a team environment;
- Must have a proficient level of communication skills, verbal and written, and be comfortable dealing with the public;
- Must possess a proficient level of computer skills in areas suitable to the requirements of the position;
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend hours if required based on the needs of the tasks and activities assigned by the General Manager;
- Must have the capacity to take initiative, and to multi task at times to accomplish the tasks and activities assigned;
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and provide a consistently high standard secretarial and administrative support
- Must present a positive and professional image of the Organization to all visitors, patrons, guests, inquiries, and other interactions
- A knowledge and understanding of the Indigenous culture and environment is an asset;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Must be required to submit a CPIC (Criminal Records check) on request.
Debajehmujig Theatre Group
8 Debajehmujig Lane
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
ATTN.: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Or Via email at: L.Trudeau@debaj.ca
Please submit a cover letter, resume, letter from three current related reference, and photocopies of our diploma(s), certificate(s) in your application. Incomplete packages and late submissions will not be reviewed.
Salary: To be determined on qualifications
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. There will be no return of submissions. The successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Reference Certificate.
For more information, and/or job description, please contact Lynda Trudeau, General Manager at 705-859-2317.
Deadline: December 14, 2018 at 3:00 pm
174 total views, 2 today