Full-Time Aboriginal Child Health & Well-Being Measure (ACHWM) Worker
Aboriginal Child Health & Well-Being Measure (ACHWM) Worker
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG requires 2 full-time motivated, energetic and career-minded ACHWM Workers to join a collaborative inter-disciplinary research team, supporting Aboriginal Children’s Health Research throughout Canada. This ACHWM Worker will work under the supervision of the Health Services Director. This position will involve working with the project team at Wiikwemkoong in collaboration with Laurentian University.
- Assist with outreach to Indigenous communities and agencies throughout Canada on the Aboriginal Children’s Health and Well-being Measure (ACHWM)
- Monitor and respond to enquiries about the ACHWM;
- Recruit new partner communities and agencies and respond to new enquiries;
- Customize and complete Research Agreements with partner communities;
- Coordinate training with new partners;
- Track and follow-up to-do items required to support new and active agreements;
- Enter data into the RedCap database
- Assist in the production of reports from the RedCap database;
- Conduct literature searches and review research literature as required;
- Receive training on project related functions such as the ACHWM tablet and RedCap database;
- Contribute to academic publications;
- Arrange and participate in teleconferences and meetings as required;
- Travel to conferences and meetings to promote the ACHWM through information booths and displays;
- Travel to some communities may be required.
- Degree / Diploma in Health Sciences or related field;
- Experience with project management;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with various software packages (Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.);
- Excellent organizational, communication and computer skills;
- Knowledge of or interest in Indigenous children’s health;
- Able to work independently;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset (English and Anishnabemowin) but is not required.
Hourly rate, $20.00. For a complete job description, please contact Melissa Roy. All applicants MUST submit a cover letter, current resume, copy of credentials and 2 work related references, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 4, 2018 @ 4:00PM
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations, and Driver’s License. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
ALL INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
58 total views, 1 today