- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
Espanola Rivermen down North Bay Trappers 4-3
ESPANOLA RIVERMEN 4 NORTH BAY TRAPPERS 3 – The Espanola trio of Corbin Bean, Duane Wainman, Brandon Janke combined for eight points to help propel the Rivermen over the Trappers at West Ferris Arena as the Espanola franchise came away victorious in their first visit back to North Bay after winning last season’s NOJHL title, before relocating in the off-season.
Bean and Janke had a goal and two assists apiece with Bean notching the game-winner in the latter stages of the third period. Wainman chipped in by scoring twice to account for the rest of the Rivermen’s tally count.
Zach Turner, Ryan Demyen and Alex Dajia were the North Bay marksmen.
Griffin Strain was the winning netminder making 27 stops for Espanola, who improved to 2-1 early on, while Dustin Hummel had 26 saves in a losing cause for the Trappers as they fell to 0-3.