- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
Hwy 540B in Gore Bay closed due to washout
GORE BAY–On Wednesday, September 11 at 10 am Manitoulin OPP received information about a road closure on Hwy 540B leading into the Town of Gore Bay between Manitoulin Transport building and Wright Street in Gore Bay.
Due to the heavy rain received due to the storm last evening part of the highway was washed out making it impassable by vehicles. An alternate route is available in and out of Gore Bay.
Police expect the road to be closed for about six hours while municipal workers from Gore Bay repair the portion of the road.