- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
- Winter accidents claim two lives
Helpful Islanders rescue summer vacation
To the Expositor:
I would like to praise the people of Manitoulin.
Earlier this month my car broke down on Highway 542. I was rescued by some very friendly and generous people. Without the assistance of Wyatt, Tom, Wayne and Kate I don’t know what would have happened, but what I do know is that thanks to them my vacation was rescued. Their willingness to help a stranger, their warmth and assistance restored my faith in the ultimate future of humankind. To honour them I will be making a donation to the Friends of Misery Bay.
To the greatest people on the fabulous isle of Manitoulin, thank you so much!William Jackson Toronto