- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
- Winter accidents claim two lives
Two face weapons charges in M’Chigeeng
M’CHIGEENG–On Tuesday, August 13, UCCM Anishnaabe Police responded to a report of a family dispute on the M’Chigeeng First Nation. During the initial investigation police determined that grounds existed to arrest a 46-year-old man of the M’Chigeeng First Nation for Criminal Code offences. With the assistance of Manitoulin OPP, UCCM Police were able to apprehend without incident the 46-year-old male.
The accused was arrested for uttering threats, possession of a controlled substance and numerous weapons offences contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada.
Also facing charges in the same incident is a female, also of M’Chigeeng First Nation, for breaching probation, possession of a controlled substance and numerous weapons offences contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada.
The female was released on bail on August 16 while the male accused’s bail hearing was remanded to August 30 in Gore Bay.
The UCCM Anishnaabe Police is continuing its investigation.