- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
Barry Epstein responds to Trudeau jibe
To the Expositor:
We should be grateful to Brad Middleton for calling attention, in last week’s Expositor, to the fact that the Liberal Party of Canada has a new leader (‘Mindemoya Conservative weighs in on Liberal leadership,’ page 4). No doubt, in the coming months, Mr. Trudeau will be making an effort to prove his mettle and to present his policies and governing philosophy to the Canadian people.
Astute observers might want to wait to find out what those might be. Rash and irresponsible commentators might rush to judgment, thus making themselves look improvident in the eyes of the public, just as Mr. Harper and others have done.
As Mark Twain once said, “Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” Sage advice for our soon-to-be departing prime minister and his supporters.Yours truly, Barry Epstein Kagawong