- OPP urges residents to be wary of ice conditions
- OPP launches Licence Plate Recognition Program
- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Rogers beefs up Island cell service
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
OPP close local provincial highways due to road and weather conditions
SUDBURY / ESPANOLA–The Ontario Police (OPP) is advising the motoring public that all area Provincial Highways are closed due to road and weather conditions which are expected to continue throughout the day.
- All major highway in the Sudbury and surrounding area are closed
- All major highways in the Warren and Noelville area are closed
- The Public are asked to stay off the roads.
- We are trying our best to have the roads re-opened
- Public are reminded not to call 911 or the OPP for road maintenance issues
- For road maintenance issues call: MTO 1-800-268-4686
All motorists are advised to remain off the highways until further. The OPP also reminds the driving public that driving on a closed highway is an offence under the Highway Traffic Act.