- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Rogers beefs up Island cell service
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
Writer angry at blockades
To the Expositor:
On a pre-Christmas weekend, when it would cause the most inconvenience, Natives played the big bully and blocked a major highway. It caused irritation and frustration. And now you are worried about hostility or resentment? Surely you didn’t expect all sweetness and light with that stunt?
Your sign along Highway 6 says you want our respect coast to coast. Bullies don’t get respect!!! Support? Nah! That’s gone too.
Here’s a novel idea. Next time you want to play the ‘heavy,’ take your tirade to the source of your complaint—Ottawa—and leave the ‘little guy’ alone.Carol Lang Evansville