- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
- Winter accidents claim two lives
Rainbow Board cancels JK to Grade 8 classes on Friday, January 11
MANITOULIN–The union representing Rainbow District School Board’s elementary teachers (ETFO) has advised the Board that they will be staging a one-day protest on Friday, January 11.
Rainbow District School Board has cancelled JK to Grade 8 classes in Sudbury, Espanola and Manitoulin on this day. Transportation is also cancelled for students who attend a Rainbow elementary school.
It is important that parents make alternative arrangements for the care of their children. Parents will not be able to send their children to a Rainbow elementary school on Friday, January 11.
Most childcare services in Rainbow Schools will continue to operate for children who are registered. Community agencies offering programs in Rainbow elementary schools could choose to cancel them. Parents should call their service providers for more information.
“We apologize for the short notice and the inconvenience this may cause,” said Director of Education Norm Blaseg. “We thank parents/guardians, once again, for their patience and understanding.”
JK to Grade 8 classes in Rainbow Schools will resume on Monday, January 14.