- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
ESPANOLA FIRE UPDATE – Joint Forces Operation Leads to Arrests in Greater Sudbury Area
ORILLIA, ON – A Joint Forces Operation led by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) with the assistance of the Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau, the Greater Sudbury Police Service and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police has resulted in further arrests and charges in connection with the ongoing arson and attempt murder investigation that began in Espanola on March 19, 2012.
The investigation, under the direction of Detective Inspector Colleen McCormick, of the OPP CIB has resulted in 3 further arrests including:
1) A 39 yr old man from Sudbury, ON has been charged with Conspiracy to Commit Aggravated Assault, Conspiracy to Commit Arson and Conspiracy to Commit Fraud.
2) A 44 yr old man of Sudbury, ON has been charged with Conspiracy to Commit Fraud, Fraud over $5000 and Conspiracy to Commit Arson.
3) A 23 yr old man of Wahnapitae, ON has been charged with three counts of Breach of Recognizance.
The investigation is continuing. Anyone who has information is asked to contact the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). You may be eligible for a cash reward.