- OPP urges residents to be wary of ice conditions
- OPP launches Licence Plate Recognition Program
- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Rogers beefs up Island cell service
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
Martin Charles Nashkawa Jr.
Martin Charles Nashkawa Jr. passed away in Spanish on Saturday, October 6, 2012 in his 35th year. Beloved husband of Veronica (nee Southwind) Nashkawa of Sagamok. Dear son of Shirley Nashkawa of Sagamok and the late Martin Nashkawa Sr. Predeceased by grandparents James and Mary Corbiere and Wilfred and Christine Owl. Loving father of Lexi and Jaycee both of Sagamok. Very dear brother of Derek Nashkawa (friend Jennifer), John Nashkawa (friend Andrea), Robert Nashkawa, Brent Nashkawa (friend Fallon) all of Sagamok, Yolande Nashkawa (friend Paul) of Mississaugi First Nation, Candace Mandamin (husband Don) of Sagamok and Shelley Bob (friend Arthur) of Sagamok. Friends called at the Sagamok Community Centre, Sagamok on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 from 9 pm. Funeral Mass was from St. Raphael Spiritual Centre, Sagamok on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 1 pm with Father Michael Stogre officiating. Interment in the Sagamok Cemetery. Arrangements by Bourcier Funeral Home Ltd., Espanola.