- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
- Freezing rain likely Wednesday
- Sheg First Nation chooses Richard Shawanda as chief
- Island athlete lands full university scholarship
- Ontario Geological Survey raises spectre of fracking on Manitoulin Island
Updated – Drinking water advisory issued for Little Current has been lifted
Little Current: The Sudbury and District Health Unit has now lifted the drinking water advisory for the water users on the Little Current water system.
On September 30, 2012, the failure of a backup generator during a power outage resulted in a drop of pressure in the Little Current water system. As a result, The Sudbury and District Health Unit issued a Drinking Water Advisory.
The Town of Northeastern Manitoulin and the Islands would like to thank the Staff and Volunteers who participated in securing an alternative supply of water, distributed notices and ensured the delivery of safe drinking water to the residents of the Town.
For further information contact:
David Williamson – 705-368-3500