- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Rogers beefs up Island cell service
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
- Wiky chief, council pass Children’s Bill of Rights
- Mindemoya now hosts new Credit Union branch
M’Chigeeng writer laments the fate of the moose on the loose
To the Expositor:
The day friendly moose came to our town of M’Chigeeng playing with two dogs, Ernie’s two dogs. Moose was lonely looking for a friend not knowing that Dennis the Menace was also in town.
With all the grocery stores around with meat on sale everywhere, too bad that Dennis the Menace was starving to death that he’s fit to take moose out of this world for good. He just saved all of us from a very dangerous beast.
It is very sad that some people have to kill everything in sight. It’s people like that, that someday we will have nothing left to kill. Shame on you!
P.S. Whatever happened that we are supposed to be keepers of the land that all First Nations boast?