- OPP urges residents to be wary of ice conditions
- OPP launches Licence Plate Recognition Program
- Sheguiandah First Nation welcomes back UCCM policing
- Rogers beefs up Island cell service
- Letter from Johannesburg
- Power outages on Manitoulin due to car accident
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police service return to police Sheguiandah First Nation
- OPP charge Gore Bay man with child pornography offences
- Manitoulin groups attend Kincardine hearing, oppose nuclear waste disposal site
- Little Current Lions celebrate 75 years
Woman falls from Massey bridge
MASSEY–The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received information of a female in distress on the Sables River Bridge on Highway 17 in Massey, shortly after 1:45 pm Sunday afternoon.
Members of the Sudbury/Espanola OPP detachments responded to the area to find a 38-year-old female standing on the outer edge of the bridge. As officers were attempting to speak with the woman, she fell from the bridge. Police, fire and ambulance personnel extricated her from the area below the bridge and she was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) has been notified and has invoked its mandate. Further inquiries should be directed to SIU Communications at (416)622-2342.